BECOMING A BETTER YOU




I am not the better person I want to be now, but I want to be better. The first thing I had to do was to admit to myself who I am and then I asked myself if who I am now is who I want to be. In becoming a better you, you have to admit to yourself who you are and ask yourself if who you are now is who you want to be.

I am a very lazy person. I tell my siblings that God knows why he made me the last born. At the same time, I have things I want to achieve. I knew this (laziness) was one of the things I had to admit to myself and so I decided to write down things I needed to work on and one of these things was laziness. Formerly, I could use the whole Saturday to do my house chores but now, it’s still morning and I’m done with my chores. This gives me time to do the next thing I can do.

Read! I feel guilty to write read and that is why it looks like I just blurted the word and ran. I found out that I sometimes find it very difficult to take a book to read and so I started doing something; downloading files to read on things I wanted to know more about and I still do it. It has stirred up a little interest of reading in me. I asked a girl while I was in secondary school about what she’s good at and she replied reading. I didn’t doubt her because it reflected in her. Regardless of what we want to become, someone has written something about and it needs to be read.

This next thing might sound weird but I just feel it is necessary. Please reduce the secrets you keep. Some secrets have a way of disturbing our flow. Tell an elderly person that you can trust about what is bothering you. I said elderly because sometimes our friends might be facing something related to our issues, they might need help too just like us. Therefore, going to them might not earn you your solution.

Always be happy and wish everyone one well. In wishing everyone well, you have to make it a deliberate effort to shun the thoughts that make you think badly about people. You will most likely see the better side of people that way and it helps you also become better.

Please say this
 ; I am wonderfully made by God, I’m beautiful or handsome, I’m blessed, I’m smart, I’m courageous, I’m unique, I’m brave, I know who I am, I carry a distinct feature, I’m not shy of my dreams, I am favoured, I will fulfil my purpose and I believe in myself. If you do not see yourself as these words and even more, no one will. In becoming a better you, you have to constantly praise yourself.




Comments

  1. Spot on!

    On the elder to trust, ensure it is someone that have proven their behaviour... So u don't tell the wrong elder

    Good stuff

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

CONFIDENCE

FORGIVEN

HELP!!! I THINK I WILL FAIL IN SCHOOL!