GROW ABOVE CRITICISM



Rachel is fat and she knows. Calling her Orobo (fat) will not make her slim but has a higher chance of making her feel really depressed. When Rachel checks the mirror the only thing she is likely to see is what you’ve said about her, what she wants to change about herself, compare herself with people and other negative attributes. It hurts!

It’s funny how a blessed Rachel sees herself as cursed, how words have reduced a happy girl and made her the opposite of who she’s meant to be.

 If you happen to be a Rachel, that is in one way or the other you feel you have a blemish or people keep telling you about things you hate to hear, I’m here to tell you never to feel less. It could be true but it doesn’t mean you should stick to your weaknesses and give negativism a chance. You can develop yourself to make yourself happy and not because you want to live a life of impression. The world is filled with critics and so you have to make conscious effort to label (brand) yourself with the correct words even if no one does.

There were times in my life where I was scared of looking at the mirror. At one point I constantly asked my close friends and my mum to be honest with me on if I am beautiful or not. I felt I was fat and not appreciated by people. Like a Rachel I felt I was a failure in all I did coupled with the fact that my life was controlled by fear of known and unknown. Even when people gave me credits I never saw a reason for them to give me credits because I had a lot of critic’s voices in me that had built up. These made me always sad and moody, most of all it made me really shy.

I’m presently on my summer break. I started my internship and a week after my boss asked me to make my second presentation. I was to make the presentation in front of a man called Mr Charles Otudor. I felt really embarrassed because I knew I couldn’t do it, it was so obvious I was shy. I was just staring at the Laptop and trying to talk but I could not talk well. Shockingly, the man shouted and told my boss ‘’Get another person to do the job’’.  I started crying and immediately I said I cannot make the presentation! Mr Otudor asked me to sit and look into his eye. (He said it meant confidence)

 Here are some of the words he asked me to say:
‘’I am the salt of the earth, I am a chosen generation, a royal priesthood. God has given me an authority. Therefore, I am a mini god. I have the power to create and ''uncreate''. I can do anything I put my mind to’’. These words uplifted me.

We should follow the goals we once passionately created in our minds. If you’ve never created any, you can create now. The next thing is to‘’Uncreate’’ whatever gives you the I can’t spirit. (Be it from people or you. Sometimes our negative minds without any contribution can be the critic). Remember, you’re a mini god and you have the power to do anything you put your mind to.

 ‘’Presently, for that Rachel that is trying to find herself, you have to grow above the words of people who birth only negativism. If the criticism is not pushing towards building the better you, just know the criticism is not for you’’ - Godwin-Usoro Witness

WARNING: Please let’s try as much as possible not to fall into the category of people whose words bring others down.Those people are aware of their flaws and even if they are not, their problem shouldn’t start through you and me. Instead, we should label people with elevating words.


Comments

  1. I wish more people could see this so they'd be uplifted and those that put people down would learn that their words take toll on the receiver.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh great stuff,please keep getting better.
    Thank you for this write up

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

CONFIDENCE

FORGIVEN

HELP!!! I THINK I WILL FAIL IN SCHOOL!