FRIENDS


My plan of not having a friend in the university didn’t work. I started having same feelings I had about friends back then in secondary school as I began the university. I wanted a loyal friend but I paused to scan myself and I found out I’m not even close to the loyal friend I crave to see in my friends. We all have our shortcomings. At most times we are victims of what we complain of.


A friend is a person who pays special attention to supporting you.  Friends are not angels!

                   
We come from different homes where things are handled in different manner. Therefore, in relating with friends understanding is key. In our homes, we sometimes have arguments with our siblings, how much more friends. How will you expect exactly what you want from a friend even if for example, the only thing you want to see in that friend is someone who doesn’t backbite. Have you ever tried not telling people that she backbites? You can’t be tagging your friend with her weakness and expect to see a strength.


I used to do that. I will give people a breakdown of what I didn’t like about one of my closest friends especially when we are not in good terms. But since I admitted my weaknesses and tried not to see hers, communication became easier for the both of us. 
We became more honest and free with each other.


Have the mind set of making your friends happy even if they don’t want to be happy. You don’t know that  little thing your friend might be going through that she’s not saying or she wants to say but does not know how to. A friend will recognize someone who always wants to see her happy and will be willing to do same.


Surprise your friend or friends with something. It sticks! I was so hungry one night and I wanted to eat crackers biscuit but there was no change. I did not want to reduce my "big money". I was closing my drawer when a friend of mine walked into my room to say that she was buying something from the shop and she knows I like mini crackers so she decided to get some for me. The joy that filled my heart that night had no bound because it came at the exact time.


Another thing is taking correction. We have to have an open heart to corrections. You can’t always be right.


You can build up good relationships with friends. I am of the opinion that if you have an issue with your friend or whenever an issues tries to surface, pay attention to the issue but not the person involved in the issue. It helps you see things from your friend’s perspective also. Friends are very important people.


PLEASE NOTE: You should be a friend not a competitor!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CONFIDENCE

FORGIVEN

HELP!!! I THINK I WILL FAIL IN SCHOOL!